Event Materials: California’s Culture of Coverage Policy Forum
Thanks for Attending the Latest ITUP Policy Forum!
ITUP Policy Forums convene experts for state-level discussions related to health policy in California. ITUP Policy Forums are a unique opportunity to convene with health policy leaders to engage in constructive dialogue, problem-solving, and identification of creative policy solutions to today’s pressing California health policy topics. Event materials are posted below.
In recent years, California has made major strides in creating a culture of health care coverage, expanding Medi-Cal eligibility for children, young adults, and adults aged 50 and older, regardless of immigration status. The Governor’s Fiscal Year (FY) 2022-2023 budget continues this effort, proposing to extend Medi-Cal coverage to all low-income adults, regardless of immigration status– which has a huge impact on closing the remaining coverage gap in California.
In this forum, state and local leaders discussed the opportunities and challenges of implementing these new coverage expansion policies.
For more information on those impacted by coverage expansion policies, check out ITUP’s “Remaining Uninsured” Fact Sheet.
For questions or assistance, contact ITUP’s Director of Programs, Emili Cossio at email@example.com.
California’s Culture of Coverage Forum Materials:
Webinar Recording and Slides:
- Governor’s 2022-23 Budget Proposal: Key Highlights
- 2022 Introduced Legislation
- Snapshot: Remaining Uninsured in California
- Community Health Workers and the Health Care Delivery system
- Story of Dr. Mollie Orshansky
- California Health Care Foundation: The Medi-Cal Maze: Why Many Eligible Californians Don’t Enroll
- Sierra Health Foundation: Medi-Cal Health Navigator Project
- Health Consumer Alliance: consumer-facing factsheet(English)
- #Health4All Older Adults (English)
- #Health4All Older Adults (Spanish)
- Joint Statement from California Health & Human Services Leaders on Future Public Charge Rulemaking
- California Health and Human Services: Public Charge Guide (English)
- California Health and Human Services: Public Charge Guide (Spanish)
Find All Panelist’s Biographies Here