ITUP Conference Agenda Now Available!
Monday, February 4
12:30 p.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Spirit of ITUP Networking Dinner
6:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
Tuesday, February 5
23rd Annual Conference
7:30 a.m. – 6:30 p.m.
The agenda for the 23rd ITUP Annual Conference is now available. Again this year, the ITUP conference features timely topics, knowledgeable experts and diverse perspectives on the issues — everything you need to know for 2019 and beyond!
The 2019 conference Mapping the Future of Health Reform – What’s Next? will offer late-breaking updates on health reform at the state and federal levels, including highlights and opportunities for reform progress as Governor Newsom takes office and the newly elected California Legislature sets the 2019-20 legislative agenda.
Don’t miss this one-of-a-kind networking opportunity! Reconnect and get to know colleagues and health care leaders from around the state.
Register today for this signature ITUP event to be held February 4-5, 2019 at the Sacramento Convention Center and the Sheraton Grand Sacramento. Sign up early, as space is limited!
Monday, February 4
Pre-Conference Session – Improving Behavioral Health Services in California
This half-day workshop will explore mental health and substance use disorder treatment in California, highlighting local innovations from throughout the state, emerging best practices, and strategies for integration and coordination. Topics include:
- Improving the Medi-Cal Mental Health Delivery System
- Addiction Treatment: Building A Substance Use Disorder Delivery System
- The Intersection Between Corrections and Behavioral Health
Space is limited – additional registration is required to save your spot for the pre-conference session.
- Spirit of ITUP Award
Nominations under Review
- Lifetime Achievement Award
Betsy Imholz, former Director of Special Projects, Consumers Union
Tuesday, February 5
- Secretary, California Health and Human Services Agency
- Welcome from Legislative Leaders
Mapping the Future of the Affordable Care Act
- Lanhee J. Chen, PhD – David and Diane Steffy Research Fellow, Hoover Institute, and Director of Domestic Policy Studies, Stanford University
- Peter V. Lee – Executive Director, Covered California
- Chiquita Brooks-LaSure – Managing Director, Manatt Health
CONCURRENT MORNING WORKSHOPS
- Health Care Costs and Cost Transparency
- Improving Medi-Cal for Individuals with Complex Needs
- Public Charge, Immigration Enforcement and the Impacts on Health
- Shifting Federal Role: The Impact of Federal Policies and Proposals on Coverage and Care
- Jean Steel, Happy People Win, Managing Stress and Change in Uncertain Times
CONCURRENT AFTERNOON WORKSHOPS
- Medi-Cal and the Future of the Health Safety Net
- Meeting the Future Health Workforce Needs of California
- The Road to Health Equity: Addressing Health and Access Disparities
- Health Plan Accountability and Quality Improvement
Mapping the Future: Achieving Universal Coverage in California
- John F. Grgurina, Jr.– Chief Executive Officer, San Francisco Health Plan
- Sara Flocks – Policy Coordinator, California Labor Federation
- Angelica C. Ramirez, MPH – Executive Director, California Physicians Alliance
- Anthony Wright – Executive Director, Health Access
- Charles Bacchi – President and Chief Executive Officer, California Association of Health Plans
ITUP has reserved a block of guest rooms at the Sheraton Grand Sacramento at the group rate of $190, plus applicable taxes and fees. Reserve your room online or by calling 1-800-325-3535 and mentioning the “ITUP” room block. Availability is limited, so reserve your room today!
Spirit of ITUP Award
The Spirit of ITUP Award honors organizations or individuals that work collaboratively to improve the health of Californians, particularly low-income and underserved communities.
Submissions for the Spirit of ITUP Award are now closed. Please stay tuned!
Awards will be announced at the 23rd Annual Spirit of ITUP Award dinner on February 4, 2019 in Sacramento.
Sponsors of the ITUP conference are supporting the signature health policy conference in California. Sponsors will be acknowledged on the ITUP website and on marketing communications and conference materials. To learn more, please download the Conference Sponsorship Form.
If you are interested in becoming a sponsor or have questions, email External Affairs Coordinator Emili LaBass at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions or Special Requests
We are here to help! Contact us at email@example.com.