California Health Policy Strategies (CalHPS) published a report on reentry efforts for prison and jail inmates in need of health and behavioral health care.
Reentry Health Policy Project: Meeting the Serious Medical and Mental Health Needs of Californians Leaving Jails and Prison includes an overview of the policy landscape and expands on seven specific areas:
- Eligibility establishment
- Care coordination and service delivery
- Maximizing Federal funding
- Release of Information
- Residential and Outpatient Treatment for inmates with both mental health and substance abuse issues
- Housing for the seriously mentally ill and medically fragile population
- Evaluation of programs and services
Download a copy of the report here.