Become A Certified Enrollment Entity

September 3, 2013

ITUP Urges Your Organization To Become A Certified Enrollment Entity

Certified Enrollment Entities will educate the public on Covered California and Medi-Cal and help individuals enroll in qualified health plans. All Certified Enrollment Counselors, who will provide enrollment assistance to those who need it, must be connected to a Certified Enrollment Entity.

Organizations eligible to become Certified Enrollment Entities include:

  • American Indian tribe or tribal organizations
  • Chambers of Commerce
  • City government agencies
  • Community clinics
  • Community colleges and universities
  • Faith-based organizations
  • Labor unions
  • Non-profit community organizations
  • Ranching and farming organizations
  • Resource partners of small businesses
  • School districts
  • Tax preparers
  • Trade, industry, and professional organizations

Certified Enrollment Entities will work to increase awareness of Covered California, distribute accurate and unbiased information, and reach out to eligible communities to maximize enrollment.

Certified Enrollment Counselors/Entities will be paid $58 per successful enrollment in a Covered California or Medi-Cal plan. Covered California will train Certified Enrollment Entities and Counselors at no charge.

Interested organizations can apply to become Certified Enrollment Entities online at The time to apply is now so that outreach, education, and enrollment can begin October 1.

For additional information, contact the Covered California Certified Enrollment Counselor Help Desk at 888-402-0737 (Monday-Friday 8 am-5 pm) or by email at